Fluffy Breeder v1.6.66-beta (by Eidalac)

Stress Update

Events now happen in a semi random order - you may get a customer, then
a birth, then another customer, then a rejection from the prior birth
etc.

• before all events of the same type fired in a row.

Stress events

• For every 10 points of stress, there is a change of a stress event,
    with odds increaseing with your stress level.
  • If you have 0 abuse, you will only trigger a hubox event.
  • Otherwise you have a chance for either hugbox, neutral or abuse
    events.
  • The odds of an abuse event increase with your stress level and based
    on the different between your abuse and hugbox scores.
    -Events including training/playing/abusing up to 5 random fluffies,
    going on a date, watching netflix or going into a blood rage and
    murdering a number of fluffies.
  • Multiple stress events can fire if you’re stress level is high enough.

Adjusted weekly stress calculations.

• Temperament and personality now strongly affect how much stress a
    fluffy generates.
  • Foals still nursing with a mother generate greatly reduced stress.
    Overall stress per week is reduced, but I’m still tweaking the numbers.

HTML: v1.6.66 (link removed due to a loading bug/typo)

Gitub: GitHub - eidalac/FluffyBreeder: Fluffy breeding game

Discord: https://discord.gg/jWVsxJA4R8

Edit1:
v1.6.67 - Foals should get weaned normally at about 5 weeks - runts aside.

v1.7.67-test build
https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/releases/download/v1.7.67-test/FluffyBreeder.html
Prototype for stress/trauma healing/decay, including a psuedo ‘wana die’ loop.

v1.8.78-test Build
https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/releases/download/v1.8.78-test/FluffyBreeder.html
Basic age/breeding sorting options should be working on the lists (not tested in detail yet but should be working)

v1.8.80-test
https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/releases/download/v1.8.80-test/FluffyBreeder.html
Corrected some more errors in the store count - should only update now on buying/selling/birth/death/maturity so will be less error prone.
Added (basic) gene lab info to the encyclopedia.

v1.8.102-beta
https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/releases/download/v1.8.102-beta/FluffyBreeder.html

Added Stat and attribute sort options to the lists

Enabled weekly auto-saves.

• saves at the start of the week.
  • if present will prompt if you want to load the auto-save on startup.
    Enabled ‘save to disk’ on mobile.
  • Warning: Mobile browsers can be fickle, so saving to disk may not work
    as expected in all browsers.
    Tweaked stress/trauma ticks to reduce overall healing, so it shouldn’t
    out-heal direct abuse.

Added an error message if a price is 0 (haven’t been able to isolate
that bug yet)
Reduced base font size (testing for better mobile layout)

11 Likes

How can you reduce stress in the fluffies?

2 Likes

For now, training, playing or better foods (skeeti, high quality kibble) will reduce stress.

Long term (not implemented yet), I plan on stress healing or turning into Trauma (depending on how much the fluffy has). Trauma will slowly decay into Stress over time, but over a certain level will block healing.

I don’t know if it’s a bug but my foals are NOT weaning so I can sell them. I’ve had it at 16 weeks and the food still shows Nursing.

3 Likes

Do they have the “Runt” trait? That slows growth and I noticed caused them to wean for… way to long, but didn’t see it with other foals, yet.

3 Likes

Only 4 of them are runts and none of those 4 are from the first mother. All together I have 15 foals that are at least a month old. Only 4 of those are runts. My friend, you got a bug in that code.

2 Likes

Edit1: v1.6.67 - Foals should get weaned normally at about 5 weeks - runts aside.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210404-180043_Chrome

This is new…

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, working on trauma/stress healing/morbidity. Didn’t comment it out before I pushed that bugfix.

1 Like

Uploading: Screenshot_20210404-181250_Chrome.jpg… Would also explain this. Also, any way to reduce stress on a fluffy?

For now, training, playing or better foods (skeeti, high quality kibble) will reduce stress.

Long term (not implemented yet), I plan on stress healing or turning into Trauma (depending on how much the fluffy has). Trauma will slowly decay into Stress over time, but over a certain level will block healing.

v1.7.67-test build
https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/releases/download/v1.7.67-test/FluffyBreeder.html
Prototype for stress/trauma healing/decay, including a psuedo ‘wana die’ loop.

1 Like

Will there be an option in the future to feed a dam parsley if it’s being a pain?

1 Like

That can probably be arranged.

2 Likes

I am having issues with the population gauge. I will move foals and unwanted adult fluffies to the display case for sale but they keep counting as population preventing me from being able to breed the mares. So during the event slides it will show a population of 172 when I have room for 150 but when I am back in the store the population gauge shows 120 with 52 in the display. Also I don’t think its removing fluffies from the inventory when they are sold. I was also wondering if you can have them seperate by type in the lists instead of by acquisition? Its kinda of a pain to look through a list of mixed types and ages. I basically have to do a scavenger hunt for a very specific type instead of being able to filter by type or development stage.

3 Likes

Forgive anything I misunderstand - it’s been a Monday so my brain is a bit…slow ATM.

That is working as designed - fluffies on display are still part of the store population, so count towards the cap. They have to be actually sold to free up more living space.

Think of it this way - even while they are on display, they need food, cleaning etc, because they are still physically in the store.

It should be, but you have to actually sell to a customer for them to be ‘sold’ currently. In prior builds anything on display would have a 50/50 chance of being sold automatically, but that’s no longer the case.

If it’s not updating the population on a customer sale I’ll have to look into it. It’s been working for me, but I haven’t tested with more than a dozen or so fluffies, so plenty of room for me to have missed something.

Yes, improving the lists is on the to-do list … soon as I figure out how. It’s tragically more complicated than it really should be (or there is s simple way I’m missing) - but I am aware the lists are rather limited and need more utility for larger populations.

It will still occasionally sell fluffies without me actually interacting with a customer. And personally I prefer it that way. If they are display the customer can pick the fluffy and if they approach I view it more as trying to get a special request.

1 Like

The issue is more that the gauge is not reflective of what is counted as population. It changes depending on if you are in the store or an event slide. Also wouldn’t the displays just be shelters in the front of the store opposed to the breeding units in the back?

It shouldn’t be doing that, I’ll have to see what’s going on.

If that’s desirable I can sort that out. Just don’t want fluffies going away when they shouldn’t be.

Hrm. Might be related to a bug I’m working on (foals were not getting counted correctly), but could be something else.

That counting bug should be fixed in the current test build (
https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/releases/download/v1.8.67-test/FluffyBreeder.html ) - which also has a first go at some sorting for the main list (just age and breed and does not show up in the customer event yet).

I’m pondering doing it more like that in the future, but for now they are separate things.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 256 hours unless flagged)

What I mean is that if they are set in the display they will automatically sell at some point in the future.