Box Asset and rudimentary pattern system

Just a quick update for today:

Made a new box object for the unboxing system and got patterns to display correctly on a fluffy (This is an ugly test pattern I was using so ignore the seams). Really excited to get colors and patterns back in the game with the new fluffy model I implemented.

Boxes

21 Likes

You’re doing great! Tbh this is the first time in a while I felt genuine positive anticipation for a game in a while. Just don’t Yanderedev the whole project and I’m sure that you’ll keep doing well :smiley:

2 Likes

Yanderedev is a big influence for me as far as dev practices to avoid :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank god. So much Spaghetti code…

2 Likes

There’s also day of dragons…

2 Likes

ok then

1 Like

I forget the name of the youtube channel but there’s a guy who goes through all Yanderedevs code and assets and finds all the issues with everything he does. In this respect it’s taught me to avoid updating too many things every single tick of the game and also to be wary of massive lists that run through a bunch of variables to check for certain situations.

If someone who knew what they were doing looked at my garbage blueprint code I’m sure they’d be upset but at the end of the day at least I’m not Yanderedev lol

3 Likes

Yeah, the difference is he’s just adding intricate backstories to some of the manga you see scattered around whilst he hasn’t even got the first model done. You, meanwhile, are actually getting shit done. The worst reaction I’ve had to your updates is “Hm. Is that neccesary at this stage?”, which shows you’re doing decently.

4 Likes

else if

2 Likes

3 Likes

No.

3 Likes

also this game looks amazing and i cant wait to play it. will it be able to run on a shitty laptop computer?

2 Likes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

Smart man/lady.

Also, I’d adopt that fluffy. Nice pattern in its own way.

2 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

It depends on specs but I think I’ll be able to dick around with settings so a version without fancy normal maps and stuff will be able to run pretty solid on a low end rig

4 Likes

im so exciteddd!! when do you think you’ll release a beta?

3 Likes

Like, literally right after I get the pattern system to dynamically assign materials which should be really soon. That’s the last thing on my list since I got the socialization working. Just don’t expect an extremely polished product with the first release and you won’t be disappointed hopefully!

3 Likes

You plan on having different models for foals? It’s a bit jarring to see them with a mane, but I understand if this isn’t a top priority thing.

1 Like

We don’t speak of that tragedy Day of Dragons never happened.

3 Likes